The National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) and Spectrum Gaming Group will offer the free webinar Gaming and Public Policy: Optimizing Economic, Urban Development on Aug. 26 at 1 p.m.
The program is expected to focus on these questions:
- As states perennially face fiscal pressures, how should they view gaming tax rates and gaming policy?
- Do fiscal pressures translate into pressures for either tax increases, more casino locations or new forms of gaming including mobile, distributed gaming?
- What is the effect of such potential expansions on gaming facilities, employment and other goals?
- Can gaming ever be fully divorced from politics? How should policies evolve?
- Should one policy govern both lotteries and casino gaming?
The panel is scheduled to include:
- Jon Ford –Indiana State Senator & Vice President, National Council of Legislators from Gaming States
- Howard Glaser –Global Head of Government Affairs and Special Initiatives, Scientific Games
- Bill Miller – President and CEO, American Gaming Association
- Keith Pickard – Nevada State Senator and President Elect, National Council of Legislators from Gaming States
- Michael Pollock –Managing Director, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Jay Snowden –President and CEO, Penn National Gaming.
Click here to register.
Future webinars will be: