More casinos in the Seminole Gaming family are ready to reopen.
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, Seminole Classic Casino in Hollywood and Seminole Casino Coconut Creek will reopen Friday, June 12, at 12 p.m. Seminole Casino Brighton on the Seminole Tribe’s Brighton Reservation in Glades County will reopen Tuesday, June 16 at 12 p.m.
Seminole Gaming and Hard Rock International closed its casinos in Florida March 20 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. All remained shuttered until Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa reopened May 21 with new health-related guidelines described as the “Safe and Secure” program that the others will also implement.
“Hard Rock and Seminole Gaming have made a tremendous commitment to sanitary protocols and a safety-first mentality for both guests and team members,” Jim Allen, CEO of Seminole Gaming and Chairman of Hard Rock International, said in a statement. “We are making sure our resorts and casinos are safe and sound so our guests and team members have peace of mind when they return.”
The guidelines include:
- Temperature checks for all guests and team members prior to entry. Any guest or team member with a temperature above CDC guidelines of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed entry.
- A requirement that all guests wear masks or cloth face coverings that meet CDC guidelines, without exception. Masks will be provided to guests, as needed.
- Thousands of alternating slot machines will be turned off, to help ensure social distancing on the casino floors.
- New Plexiglas barriers will divide players at table games, poker games and customer service areas.
- Hundreds of signs will be posted throughout the casino complexes to encourage social distancing and help ensure adherence to Safe and Sound Program guidelines.
- Hundreds of team members will be part of a new “Safe and Sound Clean Team” to focus on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the casino complexes, with special emphasis on high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be available on the casino floors, at the entrances and throughout the casino complexes.
- Constant purification and disinfecting of the air flowing into the complexes through the AtmosAir bipolar ionization system designed to destroy virus particles in the air and on surfaces.
- An overall 50 percent reduction in guest capacity throughout the casino complexes.
For the reopening weekend, more than 600 guest rooms at Seminole Hard Rock’s Guitar Hotel will be available to book. Some restaurant venues at all three casinos will open with social distancing requirements. Hard Rock Live at Seminole Hard Rock and The Pavilion at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek will remain closed until further notice.
A reopening date for Seminole Casino Immokalee has not been announced.