The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Jacksonville District, announced Tuesday that the next Project Delivery Team (PDT) meeting for the Lake Okeechobee System Operating Manual (LOSOM) will be held Nov. 20 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Pre-registration is required. Due to Covid-19 restrictions on public meetings, this meeting will be held online only.
According to the Corps’ website, the purpose of the development of the new LOSOM “is to reevaluate and define operations for the Lake Okeechobee regulation schedule that take into account additional infrastructure that will soon be operational. The additional infrastructure that will be taken into consideration includes the Herbert Hoover Dike rehabilitation, Kissimmee River Restoration Project, as well as the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan (CERP) C-43 West Basin Storage Reservoir and C-44 Reservoir and Stormwater Treatment Area.”
The focus of the Nov. 20 meeting is the conceptual plan evaluation. Topics of discussion will include the development of the conceptual plans, the conceptual plan modeling, the conceptual plan output data, preliminary data evaluation, and laying out the PDT evaluation process and goal.
Changes have been made that are aimed to improve the flow of the meeting and avoid issues with speakers talking over each other or disturbing participants with background noise by leaving their phone lines open.
- Online registration is required for all members of the public and all PDT members who have not already been contacted about being a speaker.
- All lines except those who are scheduled to speak will be muted during the meeting.
- During PDT and public comment periods, users will receive instructions from the facilitator on how to be added to the queue to participate.
- For those who cannot attend the online meeting but wish to provide a comment, send those comments by email to LakeOComments@usace.army.mil.
LOSOM PDT meeting Nov. 20, 2020 registration instructions:
- Visit https://ems8.intellor.com/?do=register&t=1&p=834686
- Fill in all fields in the form.
- If you are a PDT member, you should receive a separate invitation via email. Contact Erica.A.Skolte@usace.army.mil if you did not receive an email.
- If you are a member of the public, enter “Member of Public” in title field.
- Hit the submit button and you will receive a separate email with the dial in number and information on how to join the webinar portion of the meeting.
Additional information is available at: www.saj.usace.army.mil/LOSOM/